Curriculum Study Plan for Ph.D. in Geography (International Program) Download
- The applicant must hold a master’s degree in Geography, Geoinformatics, or any related disciplines.
- A Master's degree holder with no work experience must have a cumulative GPA of at least 3.50. For applicants with at least two years of professional or research experience in relevant subjects, a cumulative GPA of at least 3.00 is required.
- Applicants who are Non-Native English Speakers or from a country where English is not an official language must submit one of the following English Language Certificates with a minimum score of: CMU e-TEGS minimum score of 65 or IELTS minimum band score of 5.5 or TOEFL minimum score of 523 ITP or 193 CBT or 69IBT from institute/ center accredited by the Institute of International Education (IIE)or DynEd minimum score of 3.0 (CEFR=C1) or CMU e-Grad minimum score 90%Remark: English language scores certification must not be later than 2 years of the date submitted to the graduate school. Those who do not have any of the test scores will have to take the English Proficiency Examination of the Graduate School, Chiang Mai University.
- Submission of a research proposal is a compulsory requirement for admission for the Ph.D. Program. A research proposal should indicate the specification of the broad field of study, statement of the research problem and scope and objectives of the study, rationale for and the significance of the study, methodology to be followed.
- Others qualification is under the discretion of the Program Administrative Committee.
Remark for The UK government classifies the following overseas countries as majority native English speaking:
Antigua and Barbuda
St Kitts and Nevis
St Vincent and the Grenadines
Trinidad and Tobago
United States of America
Apply through Grad admission www.grad.cmu.ac.th
An applicant must submit the following documents to the Program Administrative Committee via e-mail directly to email@example.com
- Two academic recommendation letters from the current or latest academic advisor of the applicant, past or current supervisor or employer, or those who are familiar with the applicant's scholarly work.
- The letter or proof of communication between the applicant and the potential thesis advisor at CMU verifying that the applicant has contacted in advance a professor at the Department of Geography in the field of the intended study to initiate the research plan together
- Statement of purpose (SOP) of 500-1000 words explaining
(3.1) academic background
(3.2) research experiences
(3.3) research plan at CMU including potential thesis title, objectives, research methods, research workflow diagram, and the name and title of the potential thesis advisor from the Department of Geography at CMU.
4. English Language Proficiency Certificates
5. Curriculum Vitae
Scholarships from Graduate school and Chiang Mai University
- CMU Presidential Scholarships
- Teaching Assistant and Research Assistance (TA/RA) Scholarships
- Academic Activity Scholarships
- Academic Publication/Seminar Subsidies
- Dissertation Subsidies
Scholarships from the Department of Geography, CMU for Ph.D. Thai Student.
Associate Professor Dr. Somporn Sangawongses Research Grants for a student who represents thesis proposal main interest in Landuse.
Overall tuition fee 390,000 Thai Bath (6 Semester) 65,000 Thai Bath per semester.
**The tuition fee does not include student individual living expense**